We provide our members with strategic guidance, research and technical inputs, as appropriate, to help them progress on their pathway from cash to digital payments. We support our government, international organization and company members by fostering a collaborative network and helping them design an approach customized to their unique context and culture.
Our members count on us to provide the leadership, research, and technical expertise to help them successfully transition from cash to digital payments. We support our government, international organization, and company members by fostering a collaborative network and helping them design an approach customized to their unique context and culture.
We offer tiered services tailored to the needs of each of the three types of member organizations, and the greatest opportunities for the Alliance to add value.
Our services for all members -governments, international organizations and companies- include:
- The Digital Payments Knowledge Exchange offers shared learning opportunities for governments, companies, and international organizations to access resources and exchange perspectives with each other.
- Inclusive Digital Payments Ecosystem Convenings, bring together key private and public sector actors to identify barriers and pathways to creating inclusive digital ecosystems that allow governments, companies, and people to pay and get paid electronically. Ecosystem convenings are organized in collaboration with the government in our Alliance member countries, and local members and other ecosystem stakeholders are invited to join. Additional member services for governments include the following:
Additional member services for governments include the following:
- The Better Than Cash Alliance Orientation convenes key leaders in government agencies that have a role in implementation to learn about the various tools we offer and assess the steps needed to achieve their objectives.
- Acceleration Services: For a limited number of countries whose transition to digital payments is at a critical point in their pathway to digitization, and there is strong leadership willing to invest resources in creating an inclusive digital payments ecosystem, the Better Than Cash Alliance provides Acceleration Services. These services can include:
- Country Diagnostic documenting the volume of digitization in comparison to cash-based payments in an economy, as well as existing policies, regulations, and infrastructure
- Digitization Roadmap and Action Plan, developed in partnership with the government to outline how relevant government agencies will work to digitize payments
- In-Country Coordinator who serves for one year to mobilize government agencies and other stakeholders in support of the development of a digital payments ecosystem